History

//History
History2018-07-16T16:31:14+00:00

History

Hypercoat-Downing Ltd was formed in 2011 when Downing Products became part of the global Hypercoat/Hansair Group. Downing Products has a very long history in the Greater Toronto Area going back to at least 1935. A surprising number of well-known buildings had either roofs, walls, ceilings, railings or doors coated with Downing products. The mural on the side of Toronto’s famous “flat-iron” building is a good example. Even the original fleet of green and cream GO Transit locomotives and passenger cars were painted in Downing Products. On the water and in the harbours of The Great Lakes and the Saint Lawrence there are vessels of all sizes painted and finished with materials supplied by Hypercoat-Downing.

Today

Quality and Commitment

Hypercoat-Downing Ltd occupies a modern 15,000 sq ft facility in Mississauga, comprising warehousing, offices and a production area which includes three sealed booths for paint-mixing and spraying. Quality is at the heart of every process within the organisation and close control of quality is integral to Hypercoat’s AS9120 and ISO:9001 accreditation The location has easy access to the 400-series of highways enabling cost-effective shipments to be made to all parts of the country. With Pearson International Airport being only 25 minutes away, air shipments to the East and West coasts, the USA and Overseas are easily arranged. Hypercoat today is a truly 21st Century company which meets all regulatory standards, has a mindset of continuous improvement and is an equal opportunities employer.